Tuesday 3 February 2009

Idlewild new album news exclusive!!!


(Muso's Guide, February 3rd, 2009)

News

Our favourite “flight of stairs falling down a flight of stairs”, Idlewild, have kept us and the rest of the world guessing as to what’s going to happen next. A certain Roddy Woomble revealed a few of his thoughts to Muso’s Guide in a recent chat, so we thought it only courteous to share.

“At the minute it feels like I’m making the record for myself, but when you put it out it’s for everyone,” offered Woomble. “There’s always talk every time you do a record about what direction it’s taking and I never really understood that because it’s always going in a direction, you’re never stopping still. I think it’s a bit of an obsession in the western world with originality - everyone has to be the first to do something.

“Basically, it’s difficult for me to say.” He continues: ”To me, we’re just carrying on writing really strong songs. If it’s referencing any records, it’s probably referencing the last two that we did - Make Another World and Warnings/Promises. It’s difficult to sum it up in a few words - it’s quite poppy, I think it’s what people expect from us, but I don’t mean that in a bad way. I think it’s good.”

Full interview with Roddy Woomble to follow next week - keep tuned to read more!

No comments: